Low Reflecting Boundary Condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using Low-Reflecting BC instead of PML to absorb my harmonic loading applied perpendicular to the wall of the structure. Since it can be only applied at outer boundaries, what is the minimum distance of the LRBC from the time dependent study domain?

2 Replies Last Post 12.09.2024, 17:33 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 day ago 12.09.2024, 12:36 GMT-4

Low reflecting means low not zero. So the distance should be great enough that the reflected wave does not interfere with the process you are trying to simulate.

If the wave is normally incident you should be able to tune the low-reflecting condition to minimize the reflected wave.

Low reflecting means low not zero. So the distance should be great enough that the reflected wave does not interfere with the process you are trying to simulate. If the wave is normally incident you should be able to tune the low-reflecting condition to minimize the reflected wave.

Posted: 1 day ago 12.09.2024, 17:33 GMT-4

Thank you very much.

For saving computational time I considered my LRBC distance from the time dependent study domain as half of wavelenght.

Thank you very much. For saving computational time I considered my LRBC distance from the time dependent study domain as half of wavelenght.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.