Two steps in one study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi , I am currently working on a model using the Solid Mechanics and Eigenfrequency study in COMSOL. I want to compress a beam first and then fix it in its compressed state to check the eigenfrequencies. Is it possible to set up such boundary conditions in a single study with two steps? any hints will be appreciated

2 Replies Last Post 11.09.2024, 11:17 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 days ago 11.09.2024, 10:27 GMT-4

The Eigenfrequency, Prestressed study does exactly that.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The *Eigenfrequency, Prestressed* study does exactly that.

Posted: 6 days ago 11.09.2024, 11:17 GMT-4

Dear Henrik Sönnerlind , Thanks for your reponse ,I already did that but I'm getting this erros :

• Feature: Compile Equations: Eigenfrequency (sol34/st2) Errors when compiling equations. Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection.
    • Selection: Domains 1–3 I'm quite new to COMSOL and not sure what the problem could be.
Dear Henrik Sönnerlind , Thanks for your reponse ,I already did that but I'm getting this erros : - Feature: Compile Equations: Eigenfrequency (sol34/st2) Errors when compiling equations. Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection. - Selection: Domains 1–3 I'm quite new to COMSOL and not sure what the problem could be.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.