How to perform Eigenfrequency study with temperature varied from rubbery state to glassy state in COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have conducted a prestressed eigenfrequency study on a structure using two steps:
1. Step 1: A stationary analysis with thermal expansion (+15°C) and tensile load.
2. Step 2: An eigenfrequency analysis using the results of Step 1 as the initial conditions.

In this study, the eigenfrequency values are determined under the conditions of the structure being heated and subjected to load.

Now, I would like to perform an eigenfrequency analysis at a cooled temperature, i.e., at room temperature, while considering the deformed shape and residual stress from the heated state (not the initial state prior to heating and loading). My goal is to simulate the behavior of the structure in the context of Shape Memory Polymers (SMP) processes.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this type of analysis? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help!

Prestressed eigenfrequency study is described here: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/342041/how-to-use-stress-and-displacement-results-from-1st-stationary-simulation-as-ini

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.