Getting Transmission Loss from FFT simulation in Time Dependent Study

Fatemeh Delzendehrooy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm simulating a nonlinear phononic crystal using time dependent study. My goal is to get the transmission loss for the structure and compare it with frequency domain study.

So I defined my study following the Loudspeaker Driver — Transient Analysis defining study 1 as time dependent and applying the sin displacement for a certain frequency and then collecting the input and output displacement history for last cycle. Then I defined another study as time dependent + fft to convert my results into frequency domain defining ODE & DAEs. I can successfully do this. However, I'm not clear how can we calculate the transmission loss out of that since I'm getting a different peaks for various frequencies.

also if I apply a range of frequencies as my source frequency, how can I integrate all of these results into a unique general transmission loss spectrum.

Thanks

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.