Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Following the manual but got the false result

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

It's weird that I followed every step in the manual but got a wrong result for thin layer diffusion model. I'm a COMSOL beginner user; would anyone who knows the reason tell me how to resolve it? I've attached the model result and what I did. Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Replies Last Post 27.01.2013, 04:46 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.01.2013, 04:25 GMT-5
I've solved it by comparing the model and my work step by step. The only thing I missed last time is that I haven't chosen the identity pair in the continuity session. Thanks!
I've solved it by comparing the model and my work step by step. The only thing I missed last time is that I haven't chosen the identity pair in the continuity session. Thanks!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.01.2013, 04:46 GMT-5
Hello

good you found out, normally if you go through the model step by step it works (I have not so far found serious errors therein) but I have too though I got everything right, but the results were wrong and then it took me some time to find the "missing item". On the other hand, by plotting out other variables to try to verify what went wrong, I learn a lot on how to plot, how to best validate and verify my models

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello good you found out, normally if you go through the model step by step it works (I have not so far found serious errors therein) but I have too though I got everything right, but the results were wrong and then it took me some time to find the "missing item". On the other hand, by plotting out other variables to try to verify what went wrong, I learn a lot on how to plot, how to best validate and verify my models -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.