Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What are the equations used for EIS in electrochemistry module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently trying to study impedance modelling for solid oxide cells, and i am not able to find the equations that are being used for that anywhere in the documentation. Can someone help me with this?

1 Reply Last Post 09.03.2023, 05:26 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 09.03.2023, 05:26 GMT-5

Total current = faradaic current + displacement current Faradaic current = electrode reaction, typically via kinetic expression i.e. Butler-Volmer equation. Displacement current = C·dE/dt

Equations are found below Electrode nodes.

Total current = faradaic current + displacement current Faradaic current = electrode reaction, typically via kinetic expression i.e. Butler-Volmer equation. Displacement current = C·dE/dt Equations are found below Electrode nodes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.