Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export image problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to "Export" images to file or when I make an "Image snapshot": the view of the saved image is compressed along the two axes and the final result is distorted and different from what I see in the Graphics window.

This happens only with the Linux version (4.2), in Windows is OK.

Anyone knows a workaround for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Damiano

1 Reply Last Post 18.09.2012, 17:05 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.09.2012, 17:05 GMT-4
Yeah, I have had the same issue in Windows. The exported image is anisotropically scaled for some strange reason. Maybe try to make the plot window have equally space limits (make the window square, which is hard because I don't know to force COMSOL to do that, especially if you want to export an image of the geometry as opposed to the solution). It's frustrating too that you cannot export directly to eps format. bugger!

~Chris
Yeah, I have had the same issue in Windows. The exported image is anisotropically scaled for some strange reason. Maybe try to make the plot window have equally space limits (make the window square, which is hard because I don't know to force COMSOL to do that, especially if you want to export an image of the geometry as opposed to the solution). It's frustrating too that you cannot export directly to eps format. bugger! ~Chris

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.