Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help Magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello

I want to calculate the magnetic field (Hz) of the loop circular

the power sapply is a Vsin source
please help me

1 Reply Last Post 19.09.2012, 02:21 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.09.2012, 02:21 GMT-4
Hi

first of all, your +air box is very small, I would rather propose to use a sphere, several times bigger than the coil, as magnetic field fills in quite a volume, and would else be strongly influenced by the limited volume you have defined

then for your coil, having current appearing in thin air lik that is not very "physical", I would rather define a circular current density (use a cylindrical coordinate frame, and have a full coil loop

In anycase with you approach, I would have set one face to the GND and the other to the voltage source, just to fix the "0" V, else your equations are "floating" you are missing a reference, which is not really a problem for MF as you do not solve for V, but that could be the case for MEF if you image to use that physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all, your +air box is very small, I would rather propose to use a sphere, several times bigger than the coil, as magnetic field fills in quite a volume, and would else be strongly influenced by the limited volume you have defined then for your coil, having current appearing in thin air lik that is not very "physical", I would rather define a circular current density (use a cylindrical coordinate frame, and have a full coil loop In anycase with you approach, I would have set one face to the GND and the other to the voltage source, just to fix the "0" V, else your equations are "floating" you are missing a reference, which is not really a problem for MF as you do not solve for V, but that could be the case for MEF if you image to use that physics -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.