Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting 2 expressions on a slice plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have 2 slice plots plotting 2 different data on the same plane within the same plot group. I want to see how the data overlaps. However, it only shows the last one within the plot group. So if either slice 1 or slice 2 (in image attached) is the first one in the plot group, the data isnt seen, although on the side there is a color bar for it. I would expect to see a blend of the data.

Is there a way to solve this?

Each slice plots an expression. Is there a way to have the two expressions in one plot? That's another way i can consider going about this. Thank you Eddy!

4 Replies Last Post 11.10.2022, 09:51 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 07.10.2022, 04:00 GMT-4

There isn't any support for blending. The closest effect that I can think of is to displace one of the slice plots (using a Deformation or Translation subnode) and to enable transparency.

There isn't any support for blending. The closest effect that I can think of is to displace one of the slice plots (using a Deformation or Translation subnode) and to enable transparency.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 07.10.2022, 09:15 GMT-4

Maybe you could use 2 isolevels, one for each quantity, with different color schemes?

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Maybe you could use 2 isolevels, one for each quantity, with different color schemes? Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 11.10.2022, 03:13 GMT-4

Thank you for your responses. With the isolevel I was able to see the 2 plots, but I want the slice in a 3D plot group, so the isolevel wouldn't work. I also tried the translation but it moves the entire geomery instead of just the parameter I am plotting. I couldn't figure out how to make the deformation to work.

To make it more clear, the parameter I am plotting is an input heat source.

Thank you for your responses. With the isolevel I was able to see the 2 plots, but I want the slice in a 3D plot group, so the isolevel wouldn't work. I also tried the translation but it moves the entire geomery instead of just the parameter I am plotting. I couldn't figure out how to make the deformation to work. To make it more clear, the parameter I am plotting is an input heat source.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 11.10.2022, 09:51 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 11.10.2022, 09:52 GMT-4

Hello Edidiong,

See the attached file: I use two contour plots (with different color schemes) defined on Cut Plane 1, which is a data set I added. You can play with the "Contour Type" settings to make each contour plot more to your liking. Here I am using "Filled" and "Tubes", but you can also choose "Lines" (that's the default).

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Edidiong, See the attached file: I use two contour plots (with different color schemes) defined on Cut Plane 1, which is a data set I added. You can play with the "Contour Type" settings to make each contour plot more to your liking. Here I am using "Filled" and "Tubes", but you can also choose "Lines" (that's the default). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.