Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding the temperature profile of layer 4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The problem is not related to heat transfer it is related to heat generation (Fire propagation) in this problem fire will propagate from the center layers 5 &6 to the periphery of layers 5 &6

After that fire will propagate from the periphery of layers 5&6 and fire will reach the periphery of the layers 1,2&3,

after reaching the periphery of layers 1,2&3 fire will propagate in layers 1,2 &3 from the periphery to the center

In this case location of the source of heat is changing with time

The main aim of the work is to find the temperature profile of layer 4

Layer 7 &8 are used only for insulation purposes, I think this is the problem in which heat transfer is taking place in the porous medium

I tried to do the simulation but I am not able to add the boundary condition because this is the case of heat generation(combustion)

In this case, fire will start to propagate from the axis of the layers 5th and 6th, How to add this boundary condition?

How the software will know the amount of heat generated during combustion because in the material property calorific value of mustard husk and cow dung was not mentioned?

Please reply as soon as possible I will be thankful to you

0 Replies Last Post 25.12.2021, 07:33 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Amit Yadav

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.