Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

please tell me how I deal with this error message

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I created ewfd model and tried to Compute, but I got this error message

"Either two periodic conditions are needed or a reference point needs to be added at the periodic port.

the destination boundary is missing or the destination is not selected.

-Function: Periodic condition 1 (pc1)"

Would you please tell me what that means and what to do. The above message is translated Japanese →English ,so it may not be correct.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 18.11.2021, 02:34 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 15.11.2021, 11:09 GMT-5

Periodic conditions require source and destination boundaries to be specified. The error message means that you did not do that properly/completely. I can't read the Japanese in your file and I don't have that module either, but I think (maybe?) you only have sources specified, without any destinations?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Periodic conditions require *source* and *destination* boundaries to be specified. The error message means that you did not do that properly/completely. I can't read the Japanese in your file and I don't have that module either, but I think (maybe?) you only have sources specified, without any destinations?

Posted: 3 years ago 18.11.2021, 02:34 GMT-5
Updated: 3 years ago 18.11.2021, 02:34 GMT-5

Thanks to your reply. it is original error messasege, "Two periodic conditions are needed or a reference point on the periodic port needs to be added. Failed to find destination boundaries or the destination selection is empty. - Feature: periodic condition 1 (pc1)"

and I upload English File.

I'm going to rethink the model again . Thanks in advance.

Thanks to your reply. it is original error messasege, "Two periodic conditions are needed or a reference point on the periodic port needs to be added. Failed to find destination boundaries or the destination selection is empty. - Feature: periodic condition 1 (pc1)" and I upload English File. I'm going to rethink the model again . Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.