Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoresistive modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all

I want to simulate a piezoresistive beam with Comsol.
I was looking to find an example of piezoresistive modeling to find out what module they usually use and how are the settings but i didn't find any
It seems there was an example of "piezoresistive elevator button" before for old version of Comsol. But it is not avail;able anymore.
Can anyone send me this example or any other helpful link about piezoresistive simulation by Comsol?

Best
Bahar

11 Replies Last Post 11.11.2016, 00:53 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.05.2012, 15:12 GMT-4
Hi Bahar

Your are right, I seesome 120 hits on the main web site, many conference papers, two dozen threads on the Forum but no nice models ;(

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Bahar Your are right, I seesome 120 hits on the main web site, many conference papers, two dozen threads on the Forum but no nice models ;( -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.05.2012, 17:14 GMT-4
Hi Ivar

Yes, as you said there are lots of papers on this topic. However, for example for simple issues, like how to introduce piezoresistive characteristics of material, there is no documents :(

Best
Bahar
Hi Ivar Yes, as you said there are lots of papers on this topic. However, for example for simple issues, like how to introduce piezoresistive characteristics of material, there is no documents :( Best Bahar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.05.2012, 21:51 GMT-4
Hello Bahar,
An interface for piezoresistivity was just introduced at version 4.3 in the MEMS Module. See this link for more information: www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#mems
Hello Bahar, An interface for piezoresistivity was just introduced at version 4.3 in the MEMS Module. See this link for more information: http://www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#mems

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.05.2012, 00:50 GMT-4
Hi Jean-François

That is good to hear, but making to much fuzz about the nice new version before you can get the postal services to deliver it is counterproductive, we are getting frustrated waiting ... :)

Specially now that I understand I can replace some 200 tedious mouse click's, per hour, by 2, for some of my chained simulations ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Jean-François That is good to hear, but making to much fuzz about the nice new version before you can get the postal services to deliver it is counterproductive, we are getting frustrated waiting ... :) Specially now that I understand I can replace some 200 tedious mouse click's, per hour, by 2, for some of my chained simulations ... -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.05.2012, 16:49 GMT-4
Hello Ivar,
Sorry to hear you have not yet received your upgrade kit; I am sure it won't be long before you do. In the meantime, some customers received their upgrade kits, as you can tell from various messages on this Discussion Forum; hopefully my posting will be helpful to them.
JF
Hello Ivar, Sorry to hear you have not yet received your upgrade kit; I am sure it won't be long before you do. In the meantime, some customers received their upgrade kits, as you can tell from various messages on this Discussion Forum; hopefully my posting will be helpful to them. JF

Posted: 1 decade ago 31.05.2012, 16:54 GMT-4
Dear Jean-François

Thanks a lot for the information. That seems great.
I have no idea if our group going to have the upgrade or not. But really hope so, since I am getting more and more confuse these days by piezoresistive simulation!!!

Bahar
Dear Jean-François Thanks a lot for the information. That seems great. I have no idea if our group going to have the upgrade or not. But really hope so, since I am getting more and more confuse these days by piezoresistive simulation!!! Bahar

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.06.2012, 01:19 GMT-4
Hi Jean-François

I'm sure it will arrive :) Snail-mail takes its time, I start to forget how it was before the web ...
And my expectations, for the new version, are high, as usual with your releases

Thanks for your support

--
Having fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Jean-François I'm sure it will arrive :) Snail-mail takes its time, I start to forget how it was before the web ... And my expectations, for the new version, are high, as usual with your releases Thanks for your support -- Having fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.10.2012, 16:33 GMT-4
hI Bahar
I just want to know if you did simulated piezoresistive with comsol? if yo did how could you please help me?

best
Sarfarash
hI Bahar I just want to know if you did simulated piezoresistive with comsol? if yo did how could you please help me? best Sarfarash

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.10.2012, 09:37 GMT-4
HI

Yes, However I use new version of Comsol (4.3) for doing the simulation. I would be happy to help. What is your question?

Bahar

hI Bahar
I just want to know if you did simulated piezoresistive with comsol? if yo did how could you please help me?

best
Sarfarash

HI Yes, However I use new version of Comsol (4.3) for doing the simulation. I would be happy to help. What is your question? Bahar [QUOTE] hI Bahar I just want to know if you did simulated piezoresistive with comsol? if yo did how could you please help me? best Sarfarash [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.03.2013, 04:47 GMT-4
Hello Dear Bahar,
I have also updated my comsol to 4.3. now I'm want to know how I can measure the delta R/R VS applied pressure in a mems pressure sensor. I would be very glad for your respons.

best regards
sarfarash
Hello Dear Bahar, I have also updated my comsol to 4.3. now I'm want to know how I can measure the delta R/R VS applied pressure in a mems pressure sensor. I would be very glad for your respons. best regards sarfarash

Posted: 8 years ago 11.11.2016, 00:53 GMT-5
hello bahar,

if u have model Piezoresistive cantilever then please tell us some steps and also share some doc. that how can model it.

regards,
anand
hello bahar, if u have model Piezoresistive cantilever then please tell us some steps and also share some doc. that how can model it. regards, anand

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.