Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Challenging structural-flow model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In theory the steps of this simulation are fairly simple, I suspect an experienced user could spot and fix the problems. I attatched my .mph file, and would love counsel.  

I am trying to study the effect a structure has on water flow in a two step stationary study: Step 1: a soft mechanical structure (6 beams) deforms when pressed against a hard surface. Step 2: laminar flow above the surface- being affected by the deformed structure.

At the moment step 1 is successful, but the flow analysis in step 2 is solving for the initial mesh (before the structure deforms, i.e before step 1). I set the initial condition for step 2 to begin at the end of step 1, but haven't had success. Also I attempted to use a moving mesh, but had no success either. For the file size I removed the mesh, but used a physics-controlled 'Normal' mesh so far.

Help would be much appreciated!

note: I added an auxiliary sweep to help the stationary computation of the soft structure's deformation. This is a simplified structure, later I will add a structure with many more beams.

1 Reply Last Post 24.03.2021, 00:49 GMT-4
Thanigaivelraja Mohandass

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 24.03.2021, 00:49 GMT-4

mapped mesh will be helpful in this issue i think so , not sure about it because cant able to open the file . i am using 5.4 .

mapped mesh will be helpful in this issue i think so , not sure about it because cant able to open the file . i am using 5.4 .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.