Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle Tracing in axissymmetric geometry.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone. I have a model of a solenoid in 2D axis symmetric geometry. I need to evaluate trajectories of electrons moving in the uniform sector of magnetic field. The problem is, when I use an inlet lying on the axis of rotation, the particle starts precessing, hits the wall and freezes. It does not "see" that the field mirrors itself on the other side of the axis. And I see no suitable option in "Charged particle tracing" --> "Axial symmetry" boundary condition. You can either set particle to freeze or to scatter when it hits the axis.

P.s.: it's not viable to rebuild the model in 3D since the solenoid is 4 meters long with some elements 1mm wide, so the meshing would be an overkill,.

0 Replies Last Post 02.11.2020, 02:58 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anton Moroz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.