Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create a table in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I simply want to create a table with some result which are based on data from a line graph. I have searched this forum without any luck. I understand that I can do "Add Plot Data to Export" and then from there just get the table but isn't their a way so that I can save a table directly in comsol and then export that table?

5 Replies Last Post 26.02.2021, 03:53 GMT-5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 08.09.2020, 07:11 GMT-4

This will be possible in the next major release (5.6).

This will be possible in the next major release (5.6).

Posted: 4 years ago 08.09.2020, 08:01 GMT-4

Thank you Gunnar!

Thank you Gunnar!

Posted: 3 years ago 25.02.2021, 05:18 GMT-5

This will be possible in the next major release (5.6). Hey, Im using the Version 5.6 now, and I cannot find this feature :/. I just see the feature table graph but when I try to plug in Data from a Cut Point 1D it is just doing nonsense. If this feature was added, can you tell me how to find/use it?

>This will be possible in the next major release (5.6). Hey, Im using the Version 5.6 now, and I cannot find this feature :/. I just see the feature table graph but when I try to plug in Data from a Cut Point 1D it is just doing nonsense. If this feature was added, can you tell me how to find/use it?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 25.02.2021, 07:35 GMT-5
Updated: 3 years ago 25.02.2021, 07:35 GMT-5

Try the following:

• Select the plot in the Model Builder.

• Right-click and select "Copy Plot Data to Table" from the context menu.

This works for all 1D plot types.

Try the following: * Select the plot in the Model Builder. * Right-click and select "Copy Plot Data to Table" from the context menu. This works for all 1D plot types.

Posted: 3 years ago 26.02.2021, 03:53 GMT-5

Thank You! :)

Thank You! :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.