Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency modal analysis coupled with electric circuit interface get zero output

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I tried to simulate a piezoelectric energy harvester using frequency modal analysis. If I disabled the electric circuit physics, I can calculate the average of electrical potential at the boundary of the electrode which I considered to be the EMF of the piezoelectric device. The value seems reasonable. After I enable the electrical circuit with a resistor and voltage from terminal from electricstatics physics, the voltage across the resistor I get is 0, and when I calculate the average of the electrical potential at the same electrode boundary, werid value is seen. Can someone help me understand this?

0 Replies Last Post 05.05.2020, 13:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ceez Ben

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.