Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Q] a functional MATLAB file based on COMSOL parametric model

Seyyed Amir Shokuhi-Rad

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I’m new to COMSOL and for now using COMSOL 4.2 with MATLAB 2010b, trying to build a CFD model of a PEM fuel cell in COMSOL and optimize it’s channel parameters using MATLAB. As you know, to use MATLAB optimization methods, we need a parametric function of the model, for example, for the fuel cell, I need a functional M.File for output voltage, which is a function of Length, width and height of the channels.
I did some initial experiment with the first demo of COMSOL, the busbar, it’s easy to export the model to MATLAB and work with it, but it’s based on specific value for every parameter not a variable
can someone please explain me how to create a model base on some variable not a specific value. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to find a demo or tutorial on it.
Many thanks in advance

3 Replies Last Post 17.07.2015, 06:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seyyed Amir Shokuhi-Rad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.07.2012, 16:14 GMT-4
Hi!

Did you found a way to deal with it? I'm trying to do the same thing but no success.

Any help will be grateful!
Hi! Did you found a way to deal with it? I'm trying to do the same thing but no success. Any help will be grateful!

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.04.2014, 04:48 GMT-4
Hi
I now want to use COMSOL 4.2 with MATLAB 2011a,I have install comsol under the matlab, but I can not contact them,and there is not the shortcut key, can you tell me the right way or how to change?

Any help will be grateful!
Hi I now want to use COMSOL 4.2 with MATLAB 2011a,I have install comsol under the matlab, but I can not contact them,and there is not the shortcut key, can you tell me the right way or how to change? Any help will be grateful!

Posted: 9 years ago 17.07.2015, 06:19 GMT-4
Hi,

I'm also new to both COMSOL and MATLAB and I'm developing a master thesis with a similar model that couples to matlab running a genetic algorithm for the geometry optimization, being the objective funtion the maximization of the fill factor of the polarization curve ( f(x) = min(-FF)).
Did you acomplished the geometry optimization with Matlab? And if yes, could you help me with the first steps? I already defined the model and I need to know how to interface it with matlab and produce the desired optimization.

Kind Reagards,

Diogo Soares
Hi, I'm also new to both COMSOL and MATLAB and I'm developing a master thesis with a similar model that couples to matlab running a genetic algorithm for the geometry optimization, being the objective funtion the maximization of the fill factor of the polarization curve ( f(x) = min(-FF)). Did you acomplished the geometry optimization with Matlab? And if yes, could you help me with the first steps? I already defined the model and I need to know how to interface it with matlab and produce the desired optimization. Kind Reagards, Diogo Soares

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.