Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can not see work plane in model builder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am following the PDF documentation of Heating circuit example. In geometry1, after creating the block, the next step is click work plane. But I dont see a work plane in my model builder under Geometry 1.

2 Replies Last Post 22.10.2019, 16:29 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 22.10.2019, 13:23 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 22.10.2019, 09:23 GMT-4

Hello Lavanya,

I am assuming you are working off of this pdf: https://www.comsol.com/model/download/542291/models.acdc.heating_circuit.pdf

If so, the instructions tell you to click on work plane in the Geometry toolbar, i.e. in the ribbon of icons that appears when the Geometry tab is selected, see attached screenshot.

If you are using the software on Mac OS or Linux, the ribbon does not look like in my attached screenshot. You can still perform the same operation by right-clicking on the Geometry 1 node in the Model Builder and selecting Work Plane.

Let me know if I misunderstood.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Lavanya, I am assuming you are working off of this pdf: https://www.comsol.com/model/download/542291/models.acdc.heating_circuit.pdf If so, the instructions tell you to click on work plane in the Geometry toolbar, i.e. in the ribbon of icons that appears when the Geometry tab is selected, see attached screenshot. If you are using the software on Mac OS or Linux, the ribbon does not look like in my attached screenshot. You can still perform the same operation by right-clicking on the Geometry 1 node in the Model Builder and selecting Work Plane. Let me know if I misunderstood. Best, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago 22.10.2019, 16:29 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 22.10.2019, 12:29 GMT-4

Yes, exactly. Thank you Jeff.

Yes, exactly. Thank you Jeff.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.