Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Negative sound pressure levels over a certain frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am testing the sound pressure levels of a piezo transducer (using PZT-4 as piezo transducer) at different frequencies.

The one used is: https://www.steminc.com/PZT/en/piezoelectric-disc-25x85mm-s-235-khz

And, when simulating the sound pressure levels I get negative result above 142 kHz. The resonans frequency for this piezoelectric-disc is 235 kHz.

Does anybody know where I did something wrong?

Best regards, Kim

The Generated Graph of Frequencies

2 Replies Last Post 05.10.2019, 11:08 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 05.10.2019, 05:49 GMT-4

Kim,

you are plotting dB, that is 10*log10(p/pref). So the sound pressure level is not turning negative, only very small.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Kim, you are plotting dB, that is 10*log10(p/pref). So the sound pressure level is not turning negative, only very small. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago 05.10.2019, 11:08 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 05.10.2019, 07:08 GMT-4

Edgar,

Thank you very much! I must have had a late nigth out yesterday ...

Cheers Kim

Edgar, Thank you very much! I must have had a late nigth out yesterday ... Cheers Kim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.