Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Poroelasticity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have some issues with my simulation regarding a poroelastic material introduced within the female breast. I have to simulate the interaction between my scaffold, whose porosity and permeability are known, and the biological tissue. I added the Poroelasticity Multiphysics to my model, but my solution doesn't reach convergence. I'm not able to find the error. Could you help me?

I upload my model. Thanking you in advance, BR

Maria

4 Replies Last Post 27.09.2019, 11:12 GMT-4

Posted: 5 years ago 27.09.2019, 03:32 GMT-4

Unfortunately I'm not able to upload my file because it is too large.

Unfortunately I'm not able to upload my file because it is too large.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 27.09.2019, 08:58 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 27.09.2019, 09:02 GMT-4

Hello Maria,

What you can do to reduce the size of your file is use the "Clear All Solutions" icon on the Study ribbon and then "Save As" under a different filename (This way you still have your original, solved, file). If the file is still over 10MB, which is unlikely, you can make it even small by using the "Clear All Meshes" icon on the Mesh ribbon.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Maria, What you can do to reduce the size of your file is use the "Clear All Solutions" icon on the Study ribbon and then "Save As" under a different filename (This way you still have your original, solved, file). If the file is still over 10MB, which is unlikely, you can make it even small by using the "Clear All Meshes" icon on the Mesh ribbon. Best, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago 27.09.2019, 11:02 GMT-4

Hello Maria,

What you can do to reduce the size of your file is use the "Clear All Solutions" icon on the Study ribbon and then "Save As" under a different filename (This way you still have your original, solved, file). If the file is still over 10MB, which is unlikely, you can make it even small by using the "Clear All Meshes" icon on the Mesh ribbon.

Best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

the problem is that my file is so large because of the geometry imported from FUSION 360. Even if I try to clear all meshes and all solutions, this remains over 10MB (23MB precisely).

>Hello Maria, > >What you can do to reduce the size of your file is use the "Clear All Solutions" icon on the Study ribbon and then "Save As" under a different filename (This way you still have your original, solved, file). If the file is still over 10MB, which is unlikely, you can make it even small by using the "Clear All Meshes" icon on the Mesh ribbon. > >Best, > >Jeff Hi Jeff, the problem is that my file is so large because of the geometry imported from FUSION 360. Even if I try to clear all meshes and all solutions, this remains over 10MB (23MB precisely).

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 27.09.2019, 11:12 GMT-4

Can you reproduce the problem with a simpler geometry?

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Can you reproduce the problem with a simpler geometry? Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.