Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mesh paired domains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I've spent several days on this and I need help. I would like to mesh an apple containing different domains. My approach thus far: 1) The structure information was exported from Avizo as an stl file and then meshed in ICEM. This mesh was perfectly fine to me and easy to make and was exported as a fluent file and converted to nastran format. When importing this nastran file in comsol, the different domains in the apple were gone and the apple was one single domain. 2) So then I changed my approach to importing the different domains seperately into comsol as nastran meshes, but then comsol doesn't recognise the pairing between the different domains and I am unable to do simulations. 3) So now I converted the meshes to geometries in comsol and I was able to pair the different domains (see file). I now have to remesh this geometry and I am failing miserably, I've tried several virtual operations and such, yet unsuccesful. Also, when I refine the mesh, the problems appear in different places, where there was no problem with a coarser mesh. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

If anybody could help me (with any of the three approaches) that would be awesome. Awaiting suggestions...

0 Replies Last Post 26.09.2019, 05:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pieter Verboven

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.