Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot Temperature of a specific point or surface in 3D modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

My simulation is very simple. Heat source in water chamber which is on top of body structure. And power is provided into it and the temperature distribution is monitored. Power is delivered as a pulse.

I would like to make a graph of temperature in a specific location as a function of time.

How I specify the location (Edge or Surface or Point) and How I generate the temperature graph as a function of time?

Many Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies Last Post 23.11.2011, 20:35 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.11.2011, 20:29 GMT-5
Hi Kyusuk:

First, under "data sets", create a "cut point".
Second, create a "1D plot group".
Third, under it create a "point graph":y-axis is "T", x-axis is "time".

Vincent
Hi Kyusuk: First, under "data sets", create a "cut point". Second, create a "1D plot group". Third, under it create a "point graph":y-axis is "T", x-axis is "time". Vincent

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.11.2011, 12:49 GMT-5
Thanks a lot. Now I get it.

Is there any way of averaging the temperature in a surface and plot the average temperature as a function of time?

Thanks.
Thanks a lot. Now I get it. Is there any way of averaging the temperature in a surface and plot the average temperature as a function of time? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.11.2011, 20:35 GMT-5
Use "derived values" - "surface average", choose the domain, then compute. On the right lower side, click "plot".

Vincent
Use "derived values" - "surface average", choose the domain, then compute. On the right lower side, click "plot". Vincent

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.