Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol CPU usage drops to 0% and "crashes"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I'm having trouble solving some models:

After a certain time solving (hours), Comsol just stops solving, and its CPU usage drops to zero, or close, when it normally sits around 60 %.

From there, I can't cancel the solver, as it does not respond.

And I can't close the program, because something (I guess it gets stuck somewhere, either in the solver or in trying to cancel the solver) is preventing it from closing.

I'm using Comsol 5.4, in Windows 10, latest version.

Anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 04.06.2019, 07:58 GMT-4
Jonas Lejon COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 04.06.2019, 07:35 GMT-4

Hi Gustavo,

This is something we would like to investigate further. Please send a message to support@comsol.com including the above description of your problem. If you also can include the model you are solving for that would be most helpful.

Hi Gustavo, This is something we would like to investigate further. Please send a message to support@comsol.com including the above description of your problem. If you also can include the model you are solving for that would be most helpful.

Posted: 5 years ago 04.06.2019, 07:58 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 04.06.2019, 07:58 GMT-4

Hi Gustavo,

This is something we would like to investigate further. Please send a message to support@comsol.com including the above description of your problem. If you also can include the model you are solving for that would be most helpful.

Done.

So is this a known problem? Can I do anything to prevent it? In Comsol? In Windows 10 settings?

>Hi Gustavo, > >This is something we would like to investigate further. Please send a message to support@comsol.com including the above description of your problem. If you also can include the model you are solving for that would be most helpful. Done. So is this a known problem? Can I do anything to prevent it? In Comsol? In Windows 10 settings?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.