Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Query regarding the Sweep function in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Sir/Madam, I'm just starting to learn about the software. I was trying to design a parametric solid 3D curve. I used parametric equations to draw the actual curve(which can be seen in picture 1 which is not sweeped; represented by a line) then use a work plane and a square face to perform the 'Sweep' function inbuilt in COMSOL. I have attached two pictures out of which 'parametric geometries_2' is obtained by checking the box 'Reverse Direction' (an option under the spine curve) and the picture 'parametric geometries_1' contains a distorted figure with warning. Did the warning happen due to the choice of 'Faces to Sweep' ? And why the use of reverse direction solved the problem?

Thank You in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 23.05.2019, 05:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rahul

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.