Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can honey fluid be modified by COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I drunk over it, and this question inspired me, because it was very ropy and high crystallinity. If somebody has an idea, let us have a contect.

2 Replies Last Post 04.04.2019, 10:35 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 04.04.2019, 08:20 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 04.04.2019, 08:35 GMT-4

Yes, you can model the flow of liquid honey with COMSOL Multiphysics. It is usually considered a newtonian fluid, albeit one with a high viscosity. Even if you wanted to model it as a non-newtonian fluid you could do that, provided your license includes the CFD Module or the Microfluidics Module or you're willing to modify the NS equations yourself.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Yes, you can model the flow of liquid honey with COMSOL Multiphysics. It is usually considered a newtonian fluid, albeit one with a high viscosity. Even if you wanted to model it as a non-newtonian fluid you could do that, provided your license includes the CFD Module or the Microfluidics Module or you're willing to modify the NS equations yourself. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago 04.04.2019, 10:35 GMT-4

Yes, you can model the flow of liquid honey with COMSOL Multiphysics. It is usually considered a newtonian fluid, albeit one with a high viscosity. Even if you wanted to model it as a non-newtonian fluid you could do that, provided your license includes the CFD Module or the Microfluidics Module or you're willing to modify the NS equations yourself.

Best regards,

Jeff

Thanks, I was excited.

>Yes, you can model the flow of liquid honey with COMSOL Multiphysics. It is usually considered a newtonian fluid, albeit one with a high viscosity. Even if you wanted to model it as a non-newtonian fluid you could do that, provided your license includes the CFD Module or the Microfluidics Module or you're willing to modify the NS equations yourself. > >Best regards, > >Jeff Thanks, I was excited.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.