Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Dependent Boundary Load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello:

I am trying to conduct a time dependent study on a cubical block in which the boundary load increases with time, then decreases with time and then remains constant fora some time (attached please see the stress versus time plot).

Would you please suggest how I can set up the boundary condition for such a stress profile as shown in the attachment?

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks, Shashank

1 Reply Last Post 27.02.2019, 16:49 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 27.02.2019, 16:49 GMT-5
Updated: 5 years ago 28.02.2019, 02:12 GMT-5

Hello Shashank,

You can do that by defining one or more interpolation functions, see e.g. https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/129712/how-to-apply-a-time-dependent-force-in-comsol

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Shashank, You can do that by defining one or more interpolation functions, see e.g. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.