Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Query regarding parametric sweep for Particle Tracing module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hopefully you all would be fine. I have a query regading parametric sweep. I'm doing simulation on particle tracing module. I have set initial position of particles and have given them velocity variable that is previoulsy i described in global paramters with symbol "v". Now, when i put different value of velocity in parameteric sweep, it solve problem for me and provide me cases as per expectations but the problem is that when I choose certain velocity from particle trajectories to see either initial velicty for certain case has changed or not but for all cases it does not change. kindly answer it if you have solution to this problem. Regards: Syed Atif Iqrar

1 Reply Last Post 06.01.2019, 06:36 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Syed Atif Iqrar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 06.01.2019, 06:36 GMT-5

I think you're just changing the magnitude of the velocity, if there's no change in the magnetic field, or the direction of the velocity.Then the trajectory of your particle beam should remain the same.Just faster and slower.

I think you're just changing the magnitude of the velocity, if there's no change in the magnetic field, or the direction of the velocity.Then the trajectory of your particle beam should remain the same.Just faster and slower.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.