Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition setting of static liquid in a channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The question is that I don't know the exactly correct boundary condition setting of static liquid in a channel. In other words, the initial velocity of the liquid is 0. Then I want to ask if i could established the inlet velocity as the inlet boundary condition. Well, I'm looking forward to you answer anyway. Thanks very much.

2 Replies Last Post 05.12.2018, 20:59 GMT-5

Posted: 6 years ago 04.12.2018, 17:24 GMT-5

Assign THE CHANNLE TOP Liquid surface as open boudary or wall with slip boudnary

Assign THE CHANNLE TOP Liquid surface as open boudary or wall with slip boudnary

Posted: 6 years ago 05.12.2018, 20:59 GMT-5

Well, thanks for yor gentle reply very much. However I still have doubt about this matter. As you know, the channel top and bottle liquid surface can be assigned as open boudary or wall with slip boudnary, but it's difficult for me to deal with the inlet and outlet condition of the channel. And the main question I want to ask was that if I can establish the inlet velocity as the inlet boundary condition, but the liquid don't have the initial velocity in fact. So is this setting correct or reasonable anyway? Thanks very much. Best wishes for you sincerely.

>Assign THE CHANNLE TOP Liquid surface as open boudary or wall with slip boudnary Well, thanks for yor gentle reply very much. However I still have doubt about this matter. As you know, the channel top and bottle liquid surface can be assigned as open boudary or wall with slip boudnary, but it's difficult for me to deal with the inlet and outlet condition of the channel. And the main question I want to ask was that if I can establish the inlet velocity as the inlet boundary condition, but the liquid don't have the initial velocity in fact. So is this setting correct or reasonable anyway? Thanks very much. Best wishes for you sincerely.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.