Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Oersted field in a nanoconstriction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the current induced Oersted field in a nanoconstriction structure. I have implemented the current density applied to the far face of my bottom layer using the magnetic fields interface however I cannot achieve any sort of results for my model. Without implementing the background field by solving for a reduced field or setting any initial values the solver simply produces null equations for the magnetic vector potential. However once the background field is implemented the solver now fails with the following error:

Failed to find a solution. Auxiliary-space Maxwell Solver is only applicable for edge finite elements. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned.

Please find attached my current model, any help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss of where to go from here.

0 Replies Last Post 08.11.2018, 04:38 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Siming Zuo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.