Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

looking for a kind of concrete in Materials Library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear software-mates, It is good to know that Materials Library of COMSOL has over 2,650 materials. But I found it difficult to search for the only one material I want, that is the most common kind of light-weighted concrete, or areated concrete, or AAC/NAAC in short. I have checked the concrete type, but can' t recognize something like that. If anyone have any idea about it, please let me know. Little hints are very welcome!

-------------------
keep pushing forward.

4 Replies Last Post 28.10.2018, 10:35 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 27.10.2018, 15:39 GMT-4

You might have a better chance of getting hints if you told the community which material properties you are after!

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You might have a better chance of getting hints if you told the community which material properties you are after!

Posted: 6 years ago 28.10.2018, 07:56 GMT-4

Thanks for this little hint! The material I' ve been looking for is the most common kind of aerated cellular concrete with density lower than around 800kg/m3 because of the air-voids in the material, (normal voidless Aerated concrete can be produced in a density up to 1800 kg/m3). I don' t want to make the issue complicated enough to build the inner structure of this cellular material, so I' m just simply looking for this in the given list. If there isn' t one suitable, I think I will set myself,,,
Little hints are very welcome!

-------------------
keep pushing forward.
Thanks for this little hint! The material I' ve been looking for is the most common kind of aerated cellular concrete with density lower than around 800kg/m3 because of the air-voids in the material, (normal voidless Aerated concrete can be produced in a density up to 1800 kg/m3). I don' t want to make the issue complicated enough to build the inner structure of this cellular material, so I' m just simply looking for this in the given list. If there isn' t one suitable, I think I will set myself,,, Little hints are very welcome!

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 28.10.2018, 09:33 GMT-4

Hm, you still didn't tell which properties you need ...? Mechanical properties like Young's Modulus, Poisson ratio? Or electrical properties like conductivity, permittivity? Thermal properties, whatever? What is your modeling approach about?

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hm, you still didn't tell which properties you need ...? Mechanical properties like Young's Modulus, Poisson ratio? Or electrical properties like conductivity, permittivity? Thermal properties, whatever? What is your modeling approach about?

Posted: 6 years ago 28.10.2018, 10:35 GMT-4

I see, I' m going to model on the process of acoustic wave in the air penetrating a double-layered wall made of areated concrete. Taking it as a premodelling, I think the best way is to find a material already existed in the list. If there isn' t, I will search the properties and then build it myself. Thanks for remindness!

-------------------
keep pushing forward.
I see, I' m going to model on the process of acoustic wave in the air penetrating a double-layered wall made of areated concrete. Taking it as a premodelling, I think the best way is to find a material already existed in the list. If there isn' t, I will search the properties and then build it myself. Thanks for remindness!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.