Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fourier transformation (time frequency)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I currently run a time-dependent study with a signal varying sinusoidally. The computation goes well and gives the expected result. However, I would like to use the calculated data for further analysis directly in COMSOL 5.3a. Is there a possibility to manually calculate the Fourier transformation of the time-dependent result, manipulate the data and afterwards do the backtransformation? I found options to display the Fourier spectrum in a plot. However, I am not able to extract the data from the plot to manipulate it directly within COMSOL 5.3a.

I would be glad, if anyone could give me a hint, how I can achieve this withouth using MatLab.

Thanks and best regards, Christian

2 Replies Last Post 06.08.2018, 05:17 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 06.08.2018, 04:17 GMT-4

Christian,

the FFT solver allows the use of a window function that can be user-defined. Maybe this can be your solution?

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Christian, the FFT solver allows the use of a window function that can be user-defined. Maybe this can be your solution? Cheers Edgar

Posted: 6 years ago 06.08.2018, 05:17 GMT-4

Hi Edgar,

yes, that helped indeed. I always looked for this kind of option in the post-processing area and not in the solver nodes.

Thank you very much, Christian

Hi Edgar, yes, that helped indeed. I always looked for this kind of option in the post-processing area and not in the solver nodes. Thank you very much, Christian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.