Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting data on mesh nodes

Riccardo Roberto De Lucia

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I need to export mechanical vibration eigenfrequency data which could lie exactly on the mesh nodes coordinates. Although I am able to export quite similar coordinates, there is always a mismatch between exported mesh node coordinates in .stl file and node coordinates for exported data from dataset. This occurs at far decimals, but as I am importing data into matlab from csv files I am no more able to easily associate data to mesh nodes for plotting. I tried to switch to Mesh frame but it seems to be useless. I also tried to export xmesh data from livelink for matlab and try to build my own mesh with nodes realigned with the data through an stlwrite matlab routine but I am not able to obtain a working mesh. I ran out of ideas. Is there a way to simply obtain data on mesh nodes? Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 28.05.2018, 09:04 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 27.05.2018, 21:18 GMT-4

maybe i have a same trouble with you.When i export a data with .txt or .exel format,i found that data is in a row and cannot be separeted when i import it to matlab.so,how to deal with it?

maybe i have a same trouble with you.When i export a data with .txt or .exel format,i found that data is in a row and cannot be separeted when i import it to matlab.so,how to deal with it?

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 28.05.2018, 09:04 GMT-4

Hi

LiveLink for Matlab has a functions called mpheval that exports anything you want on mesh nodes. You can choose to export on lagrange points or Gauss points.

You can plot the output from mpheval using mphplot.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi LiveLink for Matlab has a functions called mpheval that exports anything you want on mesh nodes. You can choose to export on lagrange points or Gauss points. You can plot the output from mpheval using mphplot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.