Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can we get sound pressure on octave bands using ADE modul?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, i am working on project now, room modelling using acoustics diffusion equation modul. I need some parameter for my project.

I finish to get steady state sound pressure level using this modul. However, can ade modul calculate sound pressure level on octave bands? I have used the input source with input bands. It still cannot work.

Would you suggest me any way to overcome this issue?

Thank you,

Ainun Nadiroh

2 Replies Last Post 16.05.2018, 03:36 GMT-4
Mads Herring Jensen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 09.05.2018, 08:43 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 09.05.2018, 10:24 GMT-4

Hi Ainun

You need to run a parametric sweep over the frequency band studied. Have a look at this model (https://www.comsol.com/model/20171) where the parametric sweep is done for the eigenfrequency study. You can do the same for the stationary study. The frequency dependency enters through the boundary conditions.

Best regards Mads

Hi Ainun You need to run a parametric sweep over the frequency band studied. Have a look at this model (https://www.comsol.com/model/20171) where the parametric sweep is done for the eigenfrequency study. You can do the same for the stationary study. The frequency dependency enters through the boundary conditions. Best regards Mads

Posted: 6 years ago 16.05.2018, 03:36 GMT-4

Hi Mads,

Thank you for your prompt reply. It is very helpful. I have followed the the model which you showed to me. However, i have the other problems. It said failed to find solution. It happen when i computed the stationary study. Do i need to define the power source in all band number?

Kind regards, Ainun Nadiroh

Hi Mads, Thank you for your prompt reply. It is very helpful. I have followed the the model which you showed to me. However, i have the other problems. It said failed to find solution. It happen when i computed the stationary study. Do i need to define the power source in all band number? Kind regards, Ainun Nadiroh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.