Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Changing units of probe variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a heat conduction model running and I have put a probe at the centre of my domain so I can track temperature. It keeps reverting to Kelvin for the units of temperature - and the resulting data table and plot graph are also in Kelvin. I'd like it in degC, and have set the units to be degC. However whenever the solver runs it reverts to K. What dumb mistake am I making?

3 Replies Last Post 25.01.2018, 03:52 GMT-5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 19.12.2017, 08:41 GMT-5

I tested this in a simple heat transfer model but was unable to reproduce the behavior that you saw. Can you upload the model or send it to COMSOL Support?

I tested this in a simple heat transfer model but was unable to reproduce the behavior that you saw. Can you upload the model or send it to COMSOL Support?

Posted: 7 years ago 19.12.2017, 11:16 GMT-5

Gunnar, I'll send it to Comsol support. I'd rather not upload the file to the public discussion.

Gunnar, I'll send it to Comsol support. I'd rather not upload the file to the public discussion.

Posted: 6 years ago 25.01.2018, 03:52 GMT-5

Hi,

I had a similar problem. The output used to be in degC, since lost it's unit in the probe table. I solved the issue by clearing the result, deleting the table, getting the initial solution for the study step, and then selecting one of the probes in the definition table and updating the solution.

Hi, I had a similar problem. The output used to be in degC, since lost it's unit in the probe table. I solved the issue by clearing the result, deleting the table, getting the initial solution for the study step, and then selecting one of the probes in the definition table and updating the solution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.