Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D simulation of solid mechanics and how to give thickness in 2D - Reg:

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,

I am facing some problem in that 2D simulation of solid mechanics.

how to give the thickness of geometry ?? For the example i wants to give 12.75 micro meter as a thickness.of geometry ?? how to give??

Suppose if i gave 25um in "thickness (d)" i can't get the exact value of the displacement. For the example if i give 100N/m^2, the expected total displacement is 2.5um. but i can't achive this using the attached 2d. I was achived in 3D but why its not possible in 2D??

I want to measure total displacement of 12.75 um thickness of the circular membrane (2000um dia.) with 100 Pa or 100 N/m2 pressure input. The expected total displacement is 2.53 um.

Looking forward to your suggestion/reply.

Best Regards, Karthi

0 Replies Last Post 07.12.2017, 02:44 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Karthikeyan K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.