Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding Domain Materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I tried to create a geometry for real surface data (as avilable in .txt file) using parameteric surface and Interpolation function alraedy inbuilt in COMSOL. In real situation, whole data is NOT OF SAME MATERIAL, so I need to replicate the same in my comsol geometry.
But comsol assigns materials in domain only.
Is there any way, I can assign different materials for same domain?
If not so, is there any other solution for my probem?

--------------
Asha Sharma

1 Reply Last Post 31.08.2017, 10:40 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 31.08.2017, 10:40 GMT-4
You can provide the material property as a function of the spatial coordinates. E.g. a conductivity sigma can be given as sigma(x, y, z) in a 3D interpolation function.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You can provide the material property as a function of the spatial coordinates. E.g. a conductivity sigma can be given as sigma(x, y, z) in a 3D interpolation function. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.