Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem importing the data file with CAD import module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello every one,

when i try to import the scalar expressions for open_pipe model (under acoustic module) from cad data file, i get the following errors

Erro : 3015
Unrecognised file type.

Exception:
com.femlab.util.FlException: Unrecognized file type.

Stack trace:
at com.femlab.geom.GeomImportRunnable.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.geom.GeomImportRunnable.usesImportTol(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.CadImportCmd.evalOnServer(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.FlCommand.runServerCode(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.ServerProxy.eval(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.FlCommand.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.FlCommand.eval(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.commands.a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.dialogs.ImportCADAccessory.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.dialogs.bv.b(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.dialogs.bj.a(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.gui.FlProgressThread.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

I am just the beginner in comsol environment..

Please help me to solve this problem...

2 Replies Last Post 27.10.2016, 23:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kunal Parikh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.01.2014, 06:44 GMT-5
Hi kunal Parikh,
Check your source file, I think that all are corrupted. 3015 error indicates that unable to find source path. So I would like to suggest you give perfect source path and Import once more properly.

I hope it can help you.
Thanks
Natalie Hutchins
Senior CAD Engineer
(www.indiacadworks.com/)
Hi kunal Parikh, Check your source file, I think that all are corrupted. 3015 error indicates that unable to find source path. So I would like to suggest you give perfect source path and Import once more properly. I hope it can help you. Thanks Natalie Hutchins Senior CAD Engineer (http://www.indiacadworks.com/)

Posted: 8 years ago 27.10.2016, 23:24 GMT-4
Hi Natalie

I want to import a 2D CAD file for instance DXF or DWG in a 2D COMSOL geometry.

But I get the error 'The file contains no geometry objects of the requested type.'

Do you know how can I solve it?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Wei Rui
Hi Natalie I want to import a 2D CAD file for instance DXF or DWG in a 2D COMSOL geometry. But I get the error 'The file contains no geometry objects of the requested type.' Do you know how can I solve it? Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Wei Rui

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.