Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 solutions mixing in Micromixer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I would like to simulate the mixing efficiency of my Pulsatile micromixer.

I have read and tried to practice with many tutorial libraries but I got confuse a little.

By using "Fluid Flow module integrated with Transport of Diluted Species interface" and inputting various parameters boundary such as diffusion coefficient, concentration, inlet flow etc then . we can observe a behavior of mixing in a microchannel. However, I am confusing that why many applications according to the COMSOL's library used only one material which is water to simulate. Since we are investigating mixing profile between 2 or more solutions.

Can I set material of each inlet separately or differently ?

I would like to ask about some advice or another example in the library ( probably i did not check all of the tutorials ) i.e I would like to simulate between (water & solution of water+fluorescent ) or ( water with glycerol)

I also attached my own model below for those who is interested.

www.dropbox.com/s/gzet2ych6ccj5pa/concentrationtest5.mph?dl=0

Thanks in advance
Korakot

0 Replies Last Post 10.11.2016, 23:38 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Korakot Boonyaphon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.