Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

External geometry function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How to add geometry as a sine function (which is not a defined tag like r1 - rectangle in COMSOL) through Matlab?

5 Replies Last Post 27.10.2016, 08:52 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 19.10.2016, 14:52 GMT-4
You really don't need to use MATLAB for that: a "parametric curve" can do that for you in the GUI. Now, if you want to know what the MATLAB code for it is, do it in the GUI and save as an m file, as always.
Jeff
You really don't need to use MATLAB for that: a "parametric curve" can do that for you in the GUI. Now, if you want to know what the MATLAB code for it is, do it in the GUI and save as an m file, as always. Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 20.10.2016, 13:24 GMT-4
Thanks Jeff. Its pretty good :)
Thanks Jeff. Its pretty good :)

Posted: 8 years ago 27.10.2016, 05:41 GMT-4
Hi,

After creating geometry using parametric curve, I built union to make a close geometry from 2 parametric curves and 2 lines. I am not able to select this geometry boundaries in laminar flow physics. I am also attaching the input file. Please help.

Thanks
Priyanka
Hi, After creating geometry using parametric curve, I built union to make a close geometry from 2 parametric curves and 2 lines. I am not able to select this geometry boundaries in laminar flow physics. I am also attaching the input file. Please help. Thanks Priyanka

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 27.10.2016, 08:50 GMT-4
Priyanka,

Use Conversions/Convert to Solid option, as shown in the attached image.

Regards,
Sergei
Priyanka, Use Conversions/Convert to Solid option, as shown in the attached image. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 8 years ago 27.10.2016, 08:52 GMT-4
Thanks Sergei.
Thanks Sergei.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.