Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Space Charge Recombination?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I'm attempting to create a space charge region in Silicon. This region represented the ionized charge caused by particle radiation. In reality, this ionized charge recombines. In COMSOL, however, the space charge region (Semiconductor -> Space Charge Density) is treated as if it was an ionized doped and depleted region. In other words, the space charge region I defined never recombines with time..

I have defined Trap Assisted Recombination, but it seems like the Space Charge region is permanently there.

My guess is that I may be taking the wrong approach in using the "Space Charge Density" domain

Thank you all in advance

1 Reply Last Post 08.09.2016, 15:51 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 08.09.2016, 15:51 GMT-4
Would a solution be to make my Space Charge parameter as a function of time ? (example: rho= C*exp(-A*t)

Cheers
Would a solution be to make my Space Charge parameter as a function of time ? (example: rho= C*exp(-A*t) Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.