Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF MEMS Switch design and simulation ?

Lakshmi Narayana Thalluri

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am designing RF MEMS Switch, for that i need to solve two physics i.e. electromechanics and electromagnetics. And i need to use the results of the electromechanics to solve electromagnetic physics. i doing the entire project in COMSOL tool.

now my questions are:

1. In electromechanics::: I kept the gap between the cantilever the the base is 1 um, but when i apply the actuation voltage i am getting the displacement more than 2.2um for 5v actuation voltage, here base material is silicon dioxide in solid state . [shown in figure 1]

2. In electromagnetics::: the rf input signal is not propagating to output through displaced cantilever , here i tried to match the impedance using lumped element option but there is no use. [Shown in Figure 2]

3. how to use the results of one physics (Structural Displacement in this example) as the initial values of electromagnetic physics, because the rf input signal need to propagate using deformed cantilever structure. [shown in figure 3]

0 Replies Last Post 25.08.2016, 16:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lakshmi Narayana Thalluri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.