Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello !
my model is rectangular PV panel(6 mm thickness) with embedded duct of height 30cm .

I used conjugate heat transfer to compute the temperature of PV

how can I mesh this component in right way with PV of small thickness , and can I used to 2d it is time consuming using 3d, or 2d just used with specific case .

best regard ,
hussein

1 Reply Last Post 31.08.2016, 10:23 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 31.08.2016, 10:23 GMT-4
Hello Hussein,
Thin structures lend themselves well to "sweep meshing". This technique is documented and illustrated by a step-by-step example in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 5.2a, in Chapter 8. All manuals are accessible through the File>Help>Documentation menu.
As to whether you should go with a 2D model instead of 3D, that is of a matter of engineering judgement and will require knowledge of your system and modeling goals.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Hussein, Thin structures lend themselves well to "sweep meshing". This technique is documented and illustrated by a step-by-step example in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 5.2a, in Chapter 8. All manuals are accessible through the File>Help>Documentation menu. As to whether you should go with a 2D model instead of 3D, that is of a matter of engineering judgement and will require knowledge of your system and modeling goals. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.