Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
The parametric sweep gave me just the last two solutions, any ideas to get all the solutions?

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 20.07.2016, 13:53 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 20.07.2016, 12:34 GMT-4
There are many things you could have done wrong. The thing that always kills me is using one parameter as the value of some other parameter I want to sweep. For example if I have a parameter Width that's defined 2*Length in Global Defs and I want to vary Width in a parametric sweep, I will only get one solution for the 2*Length value for Width. But if I set Width to be, say, 2[m], then the sweep will override that and give multiple solutions. The sweep overrides a constant value, but not a variable value. Personally I think that's a bug in COMSOL, but maybe it's a feature for some reason.

In any case, that's just one of many things that could be wrong with your sweep.
There are many things you could have done wrong. The thing that always kills me is using one parameter as the value of some other parameter I want to sweep. For example if I have a parameter Width that's defined 2*Length in Global Defs and I want to vary Width in a parametric sweep, I will only get one solution for the 2*Length value for Width. But if I set Width to be, say, 2[m], then the sweep will override that and give multiple solutions. The sweep overrides a constant value, but not a variable value. Personally I think that's a bug in COMSOL, but maybe it's a feature for some reason. In any case, that's just one of many things that could be wrong with your sweep.

Posted: 8 years ago 20.07.2016, 13:53 GMT-4
Thanks for you response!
Thanks for you response!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.