Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Searching: Relative file path for exported images

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When students in my introductory course need to use Comsol, I create the MPH file and distribute it to students.

In one lab I had predefined images of results and included them in the Report so that students with a single export command could save their results. For each image, a file path and name is required. If you leave out the file path, Comsol writes the image file to the home directory (Linux) of the user. This is not a very convenient place to put results.

So I would like to specify a path to a particular course folder. As far as I can find out Comsol 4.0a requires an absolute path to the root of the file system. This is not very convenient as other users running the same program on their account would have to edit the path before exporting the results to their own account. And as soon as the student makes a copy of the MPH file and place it in a new folder, he/she has to edit the file path again, otherwise previously generated files are overwritten because the path still points to the previous destination.

I need to specify a relative path to the folder whereto I want the image files exported. I have not succeeded in getting Comsol 4.0a (Linux) to accept a relative path of the form ./Sim_1/Velocity.png, where Sim_1 is a sub folder of the folder in which the MPH file is located. If others have managed to do this, I would greatly appreciate some hints.

0 Replies Last Post 17.11.2010, 11:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kaj-Åge Henneberg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.