Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

HyperElastic material does not follow Prescribed Displacement BC

Francesc-Xavier Borras

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modeling a Lip Seal and I wanted to compare the Dispalcement Field when using a Linear Elastic material or when setting a HyperElastic one. The model is 2D axysimmetric (see picture attached).

Since the seal is confined in a defined space, I am using the Prescribed Displacement BC to account for the shaft and the seal housing . Two Prescribed Displacement BCs on Z (top and bottom) and two Prescibed Displacement BCs on R (left and rigt).

Funnily when I use a Linear Elastic material, the Prescribed Displacement BC is perfectly followed (snap on the left side). However, when I switch it to HyperElastic (snap on the right side) the Prescribed Displacement are not really accounted.

Any idea? I am finding asolution for the HyperElastic way too early? I was checking the Relaxation and Solver parameters but I did not manage to get any improvement...

Thanks in advance,

0 Replies Last Post 28.04.2016, 06:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesc-Xavier Borras

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.