Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol and Vacuum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I am trying to simulate a scenario in which I have a set of pipes, resting on top of a block of material, which is in vacuum.

Therefore, I established the geometry for the block of material, drew the 1D pipes on it, in a way that they are slightly above the surface of the block, and tried to simulate a pipe flux with some sun radiation coming in as well.

I initially thought that, by default, the Comsol environment is vacuum, and only changes to air/water/whatever surrounding environment when you actually specify a block for it.

But I must be wrong, as I am getting an error when the 1D pipes of the Non-Isothermal Pipe Flow module are not in contact with any material. As soon as all pipes are inside the material (which is a situation I do not want) I am able to simulate the whole thing just fine

My question is: Is there a way to simulate a vacuum environment in Comsol in which I am receiving Sun Radiation, and heating a set of 1D pipes as a result of it?

The pipes, after receiving the Sun radiation, are buried inside the material to heat it.

Thank you all!

Aaron

0 Replies Last Post 28.04.2016, 05:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron Valle

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.