Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solidworks assembly imported into comsol - simulation difficulties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a student trying to improve my personal knowledge and skill with Comsol and I have run into a problem while trying to run simulation on an assembly that I've designed. I built the assembly (a small number of small parts) using Solidworks and have imported the parts into comsol. I'm sure everything about the assembly is dimensioned and should fit together correctly (adding/activating pairs in comsol where necessary). However when I try to apply a load, fix the bottom, and compute the simulation, it works on it for ages every time before then coming up with a list of error messages, usually "maximum number of iterations reached" and "the relative error is greater than the relative tolerance". I've played around with the settings of the study to see if I could work it out but no luck yet.

Any advice will be appreciated!

1 Reply Last Post 15.04.2016, 11:16 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15.04.2016, 11:16 GMT-4
In structural mechanics analyses, these errors are often associated with structures that are not sufficiently supported (i.e. where not all rigid body motions are inhibited), see . Your post says that you've fixed the bottom. I would check whether all parts are sufficiently supported.
Jeff
In structural mechanics analyses, these errors are often associated with structures that are not sufficiently supported (i.e. where not all rigid body motions are inhibited), see . Your post says that you've fixed the bottom. I would check whether all parts are sufficiently supported. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.