Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Calulate the Scattering Cross-section of Au Nano Dimers?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I'm trying to calculate the scattering cross-section and the absortion cross-section of  Au Nanoparticle Dimer (two NPs side by side of R=50nm), with a gap of 8nm, in Comsol Multiphysics.

Now, I know how to calculate the scattering cross-section and the absorption cross-section of a single spherical Nanoparticle in Comsol. For a single nanoparticle the Power-flow outwards of the Nanoparticle surface is integrated. e.g.

nrelPoav = nx*emw.relPoavx + ny*emw.relPoavy + nz*emw.relPoavz;

(intop_surf(nrelPoav)/S_in)/sigma_geom

where,

intop_surf integrates over the surface of a single Nanoparticle. and sigma_geom is the geometric cross-section. and S_in = E0^2/(2*Z0_const)

Now, my question is when calculating the Scatering Cross section of two NanoParticles (Dimer) should I integrate over both the NP surface in a similar manner, or what should be my approach to calculate???

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post 12.04.2017, 01:00 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Riyasat Ohib

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 12.04.2017, 01:00 GMT-4
Have you also changed the geometrical cross-section area??? Can you share your model here??

Thanks
Have you also changed the geometrical cross-section area??? Can you share your model here?? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.