Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pressurization of a Tank in near vacuum conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am working on a model with which I would like to simulate the air ingress in a tank where the pressure start from 100 Pa. The air ingress is controlled by a fluximeter and the inlet pressure is kept at 2.8 bar. Due to the pressure difference the velocities in the first seconds are supersonic so I started to work with the High Mach Number Flow module.

That said, in this module it is requested to specify the pressure/temperature at static or total conditions and the mach number at the inlet.
I have calculated the mach number from the volume flow rate obtained from the experiments ( time dependent), dividend the average velocity with the sound speed "hmnf.c_s" calculated by Comsol.
I have convergence problems with the solver, maybe due to the fact that inside the tank there is a rarefaid condition of the air.

Does anybody have dealt with these type of physical issues? It is better to specify the velocity profile at the inlet through a Mach Number geometry dependent?

Thank you,

Regards

Fabio

0 Replies Last Post 04.03.2016, 10:58 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fabio Tieri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.