Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to simulate cracks in a bullet impact simulation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My lab has several COMSOL licenses, I've been playing with it for several years. Recently, I saw an impact simulation using Abaqus (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXKLybDtGU), so I started to set up a similar model in COMSOL.

Here is my question:

The bullet will finally fly through the wall. So cracks will appear. Where can I define the cracking conditions (e.g. ultimate stress, threshold energy for cracking)?

Thanks

Dan

0 Replies Last Post 02.03.2016, 14:27 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhangxian Deng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.